Play List


Saturday, August 2, 2008

Rambling thoughts...

I can't believe that it is August already. Where has the time gone? Anyhow, here are my ramblings....

....Jillian will be 12 years old soon and in the 7th grade. I really am that old! She is a wonderful girl. I love her very much.

....Roger will be 48 years old soon and in the 7th grade (just kidding!) I can't believe HE is really that old. I love him very much!

....Have I really sat on my rear end all summer? I guess by the size of it, I have! I had such high hopes for myself. I did manage to paint one room, but that was about the extent of it.

....I have managed to read 3 books so far this summer. Mind blowing, I know. I read Lightning by Dean Koontz, Wicked by Gregory MacGuire, and I am in the middle of reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I really enjoyed Wicked. I like books that offer a different point of view. Twilight is pretty good - typical teen fare - but interesting.

....I really need to get hi-speed internet. I have said this for a LONG time, but too lazy to call. Geez, what a bum!

....When I chose to watch a fellow teacher's 2 birds while she travelled this summer, I didn't realize how noisy 3 birds (Her 2 plus Jill's bird) could be. It sounds like an aviary here.

....I spent way too much money back-to-school shopping, even though it is tax-free weekend. But, Jillian needed new clothes (as did I) so I guess it was justified. I always liked back-to-school shopping, anyhow. Even though I would like more vacation, I am usually ready to get back into the swing of things. All that beginning of the year anticipation stuff.

Well, that is all for now. I know that I have more ramblings, but I really should stop playing on the computer and do something more constructive with my time. Yeah, right....

1 comment:

Tina Liverman said...

Hey, you helped me paint my kitchen and that was a huge help. Thank you so much!!! :) =:3