Play List


Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Awards Day (and a proud mama!)


Jillian had 6th Grade Awards day at school on June 5th. Luckily, I was able to sneak away and watch, since her teachers told me, "You need to be there!" (You would think this would be easy to do, since I work at the school, but some days....) So, I sat in the lunchroom with all of the other parents, listening and clapping for the darlings. Mrs. Denton (math teacher) explains that the next awards being given are based on class ranking. Well, I knew that Jill has been doing fairly well, but you never know. Starting at 10, GPAs (grade point averages) were being announced along with the certificate and award. 9...8...7...6...no Jillian. Wow! She must be in the Top 5! 5...4...3...Still no Jillian. Oh well, I thought, maybe she didn't make it. Mrs. Turner, the principal, walks up to announce the Top 2 students. 2...and with an average of 97.3% is .....Jillian Nelson!! Out of about 100 kids, she is #1!!!! WOO HOO! I was SO proud of her! She earned a trophy with her name and a certificate. What a kid! I think we'll keep her!


No comments: