Play List


Monday, June 30, 2008

Update #1

After teaching summer school today, I went to the local yokel hardware store to get my paint supplies. Mr. Helpful Hardware Man (more like high-school kid!) came over to "help". I actually had a mission for him! The light fixture Roger installed yesterday was missing parts (are we shocked? Not us! Happens all the time.) and we needed nuts and washers so the whole fixture didn't fall off the wall. So, I handed Junior the screw (had extra of those, those wacky Chinese box fillers. They like to make us Americans go crazy.) and had him get the needed parts. I picked up my paint supplies in the mean time. By the time Junior got back with the parts, I was ready to go. Yay! I did a few more errands before I went home. Roger took the old towel bars down so I could spackle the holes. Why on earth do people put in 4" screws to hold a towel bar? Anyway, we decided to see what was behind the dreaded medicine cabinet. Low and behold, a big HOLE! Just a predicted! I just sighed and Roger pondered what to do. I went about filling holes and washing walls. So, another trip to the hardware store. Geez, I hate doing this stuff. But, we're committed now (or soon will be!). More updates as they happen.

No comments: