Play List


Monday, June 30, 2008

Home Improvements

Well, I got the lofty idea to "fix up" our main bathroom. I must have forgotten that every time Roger and I start a project that: a) it is never as simple as it seems, b) one small project turns into 14 larger projects, and c) we never seem to finish! I am determined to finish this time! The bathroom is in sad shape and really needs updating. We are starting with replacing the light fixture and medicine cabinet, and adding a mirror. I also plan to paint. So, after spending some $$$ at Lowe's yesterday, Roger was inspired and put up the light fixture. Easy, right? Not here! Of course, the junction box was put in sideways, so naturally the fixture we purchased doesn't fit properly, so he had to MacGyver it (see note A above!). There are also holes in the wall where the old fixture was, so there is another project (see B above). We have yet to remove the old medicine cabinet where we suspect there is a large hole in the wall. Luckily, a huge mirror will be covering it, so hopefully this will not be another project on the list. I will keep posting updates as they happen!

No comments: