Play List


Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Coquina Beach

On Monday we loaded everybody up and drove to the Atlantic Ocean. Paul has never seen the ocean, and this was the perfect day. The hour-plus trip was pretty uneventful in my car. In the van, however, was a different story. Not only has Paul never seen the ocean, I guess he never had to drive over some of the pretty long bridges that lead to the ocean. It can be an intimidating drive if you have never done it before. =) He did a good job, though, and can now cross 2 things off of his list of things he has never done!

Once we got to the beach, everyone clambored out of the vehicles and made their way to the water. One of the coolest items of the day was the way-cool beach wheelchair. As Cindy was pushing Mom on the boardwalk, a lifeguard-in-training offered us the use of the wheelchair. Boy, was it ever cool! There would of been no way that Mom's regular wheelchair would have worked in the sand. This chair enabled us to push Mom over the sand and right up to the shoreline of the water. It was so cool!

The waves were huge since Hurricane Bertha is churning out in the Atlantic. Hayley, Jillian, and Harold all boogie boarded in the surf. I even was knocked down a time or two by a wave, one of which involved Jillian, myself, and a poor guy that got caught in the way. It was too funny!

After spending about 2 1/2 hours at the beach, it was time to go. We packed up and headed for home. On the way home, Cindy, Danie, and the bunch stopped for pizza while I took Jillian and Hayley home. As I was walking in, the phone was ringing. It was Elaine calling to announce the arrival of the newest member of the family, Mason Paul. What timing!

I hope that everyone had a great time. Since I FORGOT my camera, I am hoping that someone will e-mail me (hint-hint, Hayley) some pictures from the beach so I can post them.

No comments: